Quality and ecology are among the principal values which KGHM Metraco is driven by. The company’s credibility as a solid and reliable partner and a business responsible for the environment which it operates within is emphasized by the ISO 9001:14001 certificates, contributing to development of the Integrated Management System. They put emphasis on the need for continual improvement of quality and pro-environment action.
KGHM Metraco S.A.’s path to the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System:
- 2003 – KGHM Metraco S.A.’s initial activities oriented towards obtaining the certificate
- 2004 – implementation of the ISO 9001:2000 starndard, organizing and perfecting company management
- 2005 – confirmation of the system’s efficiency issued by the reputed German consultancy company TUV Management Service GmbH and granting to KGHM Metraco a certificate in the area of metal, raw material and scrap copper trade.
- 2009 – resuming the certification process at TUV NORD Polska after its expiry and obtaining a certificate of compliance with the PN-EN ISO 9001:2009 standard
- 2012 – positive result of an audit conducted by TUV NORD Polska to prove that Metraco meets the requirements of the PN-EN ISO 14001:2005 standard as well as obtaining the certificate itself
- 2012 – creation of the Integrated Management System, combining the previously implemented Quality Management System with the Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO 9001:14001.