Integrated Management System Policy
KGHM Metraco S.A. is a specialised trade and production company, founded in 1991, belonging to the KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. Group. The Company is the largest customer for copper scrap in Poland and a significant supplier of salt for winter road maintenance on the domestic market. It owns the most modern sulphuric acid warehouse in Europe, opened in the Port of Szczecin, as well as the only European producer of ammonium perrhenate and rhenium from its own sources, whose customers include customers from the aviation industry. The company is one of the largest producers of crushed aggregates in Poland, providing raw materials for strategic road investments in the country. It deals with product management for the mining and smelting industries, as well as the recovery of copper.
The Company’s mission is to serve customers in a timely, professional and efficient manner in the process of returning production waste to reuse.
In order to ensure high quality products and services, the Company takes into account the requirements of current and future customers and stakeholders. Activities are planned and implemented in an environmentally friendly manner, ensuring safe working conditions and with full transparency and zero tolerance for corruption. The Company has implemented and undertakes to maintain and continuously improve the Integrated Management System. Thanks to the commitment of its management and employees, KGHM Metraco S.A. offers significant added value to its clients and stands out with its innovation, professionalism and support for product and technology development. Moreover, the Company strives to prevent corruption-related events and to develop a high level of anti-corruption awareness, in which every employee and business partner accepts responsibility for the transparency of actions taken.
The Board of Directors of the Company declares the implementation of this Policy by:
- Meeting the requirements of PN-EN ISO 9001:2015, AS 9100 rev. D, PN-EN ISO 14001:2015, PN-ISO 37001:2017
and PN-ISO 45001:2018 as well as legal and other requirements applicable to the Company’s operations.
- Protecting the environment by preventing pollution.
- Rational use of resources to improve environmental performance.
- To provide safe and hygienic working conditions to prevent work-related injuries and health
problems and to eliminate hazards and reduce occupational safety risks.
- Participation of workers and their representatives and consultants in activities affecting safety at work.
- Meeting the guidelines of the Code of Ethics and Anti-Corruption Policy of the Company and the KGHM Group.
- Taking into account identified opportunities and threats and the magnitude of estimated risk involved in decision making.
- To provide competent staff and the necessary resources and means to achieve the desired results and objectives.
- Improving the knowledge and qualifications of the Company’s employees usings a system of training and professional development.
The policy of the Integrated Management System is:
- Known, understood and applied by Company employees.
- Publicly available to Company employees, business partners and other interested parties.
- Appropriate to the aim, scale and nature of the opportunities available as well as the risks identified and the specific circumstances of the Company.
- In support of the strategic directions for the Company’s development.